Friday, December 21, 2007

One scarf for three people

Ahh, it's so funny how plans can change. I was supposed to spend my holiday in PA with the 'rents, siblings, and the friends who I grew up with. Because of loose ends I had to tie up at school, I needed extra time there and had to cancel my trip back home. My oldest brother invited me to spend the holiday with him in the panhandle, so I'll have family, but this crazy break has NOT given me any extra knitting time. I'm knitting a scarf for my BIL's mother Deanna, who will be hosting/housing us for the holidays. This scarf was first intended for my mother, then considered as an "emergency" secret Santa gift, and is now ready to be bound off and fringed for Deanna! I don't knit THAT slowly, but because of school, travelling, and a few too many glasses of wine at night, I just haven't had the time.

The other night I sat on the second-floor balcony of Barnes & Noble with a hot cup of coffee, a copy of Vogue Knitting, and the scarf that I've had OTN forever. I knitted peacefully and watched the sun set. I could not have asked for more at that point!

Oh, and..................... I FINALLY got my new pair of GLASSES! No more headaches.

Dear puppy is currently curled up next to me, snoring like a little hibernating bear cub. Oh, how I love him. In fact, the beauty of his slumber makes me feel quite tired myself. 'Nite!

No comments: