Sunday, November 18, 2007

Rut!

So, as I predicted, I'm absolutely in love with Yarn Harlot. Stephanie's sense of humor combined with her obsession with knitting make it a book that is difficult to put down. "Just one more page!" is what I find myself saying, at LEAST ten times, before I'm finally able to step away from the book. Is it just me, or are there any other Yarn Harlot readers out there that are completely terrified of oversized green afghans? :)

I'm stuck in a rut. My lack of knowledge about yarn has put me to a project stand-still. Anything I wish to make requires a decent number of skeins, but every time I go to a yarn store I feel like a man shopping for tampons. This must be corrected, as I cannot truly appreciate the art of knitting without understanding the materials I'm using! Time to hit the books, again.

No comments: