Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy T-day!

So, this is my first Thanksgiving alone. And I LOVE it! No pity party here. My immediate family lives up in Pennsylvania, and while I have family in South Florida, I (a) have a very unreliable car for long distance travel, and (b) have to stay here to take care of all of our children. And we do have quite a few. My baby boy Dominick, my DBF's dog Cyrus, my ferret Rowan, DBF's ferret Mona (they're an adorable pair!), and my turtle, Pierce. Yes, we have an animal addiction. But I love them all.

DBF is such a doll. He called me today, warning me that his family insisted that I get a sampler of their holiday dinner. . . all of it. Three different casseroles, turkey, stuffing . . . three different pies. I have a feeling that I will be immobile for the next few days! But the icing on the cake was when my darling asked me about my knitting progress (he accurately guessed that I was up knitting all night and wanted details about my new projects). I got lucky in the fact that his mother is quite crafty herself, so he was raised around sewing machines, cross stitching, and several trips to Jo's! :) He's also going to inquire about getting me his mother's old sewing machine! I used to sew when I was younger, and I'd love to start again but I don't know about the $investment$ right now. My addiction to yarn shopping is already putting me in the negative (yikes!).

As for what's OTN, I've got two scarves about 1/4 done. One is for my mother; a soft, light purple wool blend, and the other's for my SIL; the blue-green yarn I just bought.

And . . . purling progress. I'm going much faster now. I feel like I've got the hang of it, but my poor knitting needle carrying case is a curly, twisted mess. I'm still assuming that I'm purling too tightly, but I'll figure it out eventually. I'd love to master a stitch other than garter! :)

Back to knitting. My fingers get nervous if I'm away from it for too long!

No comments: