Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"Mystery Bag"

Because I am not quite familiar with all the wonderful varieties of yarn available to me, I decided to buy a mystery bag of yarn online. Priced at $50 worth for $24, I figured it would be a decent purchase in order to get a good sample of yarn. Well, here's what I received:

Bernat Softee Chunky 100% acrylic, various shades of blue and green (2.8 oz ball)
Lion Brand Jiffy 100% acrylic, white (3 oz ball)
Hill Country Yarns Sock Yarn 100% Merino Wool, red/orange (4 oz hank)
Schachenmayr Nomotta Denim 100% Cotton, red/white (50g ball)
Katia Duende 82% nylon/18% acrylic, multi-colored (50g ball)
Strizzolina Di.ve 100% nylon, earthy tones (25g ball)
Debbie Bliss 85% cotton/15% cashmere, red (50g ball)
Opaline Laines du Nord 95% wool/5% polyamid, multi-colored (50g ball)
Di.ve Black Jack 100% polyamide (25g ball)

I get the catch. Shortly after ordering, I feared that I may just get a bunch of random yarns, one hank/skein/ball per yarn type, and surely enough, that's what I got! It's their evil ploy to get me to fondle the yarn and then be forced to order more (that is, if I ever want to MAKE anything with it!) How evil. I wish I'd thought of that before.

And might I say, 75% of these color choices are, well, different. Nothing I would have chosen on my own. But the whole "mystery bag" idea had me way too tempted to say no. So now the question is....what to do with all this yarn?

No comments: